Do you have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered)?
Acorn is currently recruiting for a skilled Inspector to work on site at our offices in Yeovil.
The role will involve:
- Inspection of detailed and final assembly Aerospace Equipment, in accordance manufacturing instructions, specifications and customer / regulator requirements.
- Working within an empowered team environment.
The position of the Inspector holds the following responsibilities:
- Checking product conformity to engineering drawing and specifications.
- Producing First Article Inspection reports.
- OCQ - Operator Control of Quality.
- To achieve on time delivery by ensuring work is completed on time and to the required standard.
- Interpreting engineering drawings, following the process layout and documentation procedures.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Engineering Apprenticeship (desirable but not essential).
- Previous inspection knowledge / experience desirable.
- Knowledge of CMM (co-ordinate measuring machine) applications.
- Knowledge of hand measuring equipment such as Vernier, Micrometer, thread and plug gauges.
- High standard of Health & Safety.
- Working in a Customer-focused environment and achieving targets.
- Working with Designers and Engineers.
Attributes / skills required:
- The position requires the applicant to have an understanding of Aerospace practice and the significance of the safety critical work undertaken (Manufacturing experience also considered).
- PC literate.
- Ability to read and follow instructions.
- The applicant should be able to display essential skills in the adherence to Health & Safety standards at all times, teamwork, flexibility and the ability to use initiative.
- Continuous Improvement.
Any further training requirements will be provided:
- PC skills (PDM and SAP).
- Manual handling.
- Abrasive wheels.
- 5 Ss.
- Lean (KanBans, Line Side Stock, etc.)
- General Health and Safety.
This position is subject to meeting the eligibility conditions of export control licenses and Technical Assistant agreements.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceQuality, inspector,aerospace,engineering
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.