- Timely and efficient completion of high-quality renewable energy analysis work.
- Carry out and/or lead both pre-construction, IE, and operational energy analyses, including:
- Review, validation, and analysis of meteorological data for solar resource assessments.
- Design and optimization of solar plants to meet project requirements.
- Estimation of plant losses and calculation of assessment uncertainties.
- Management and analysis of project data.
- Evaluation of project constraints, risks, and other non-quantitative aspects of plant development.
- Independent engineering leadership and reporting
- Contribute to and/or complete and review to final form, reports and other analyses for clients.
- Perform due diligence analyses of proposed or operating solar power facilities, including design, technology, performance, Capex and Opex budgets, and commercial agreements.
- Develop company quality standards related to solar energy.
- Develop analysis tools and procedures related to solar energy.
- Understand and ensure company quality standards are met.
- Support business development activities, including meeting with customers to explain technical details clearly and concisely.
- Attend industry conferences, schedule meetings with clients at conferences, and prepare and deliver presentations at industry conferences.
- Manage solar energy projects to satisfy client objectives and return a profit to ArcVera.
- Manage analysts and engineers within the solar energy group, including recruiting, staff development, delegation of responsibility, and annual personnel reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a physical science, engineering, data science, or statistics from an accredited University.
- 4+ yr experience in the solar energy sector
- 3 yr experience with solar resource assessment and solar energy modeling with PVsyst and other solar energy analysis tools, significant knowledge of independent engineering practice
- A creative and entrepreneurial spirit with a consistent drive to succeed and excel
- Thorough working knowledge of a programming language(s) for use in statistics and data visualization, preferably in R, Python or MATLAB.
- Database management skills preferably in PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word).
- Detail oriented with the ability to work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skills managing both projects and personnel.
- Excellent report organization, report and proposal preparation, writing and presentation skills.
- Master's degree in a physical science, engineering, data science or statistics from an accredited University.
- 7+ yr experience in the solar energy sector, including deep knowledge of independent engineering
- Working knowledge of current PV technology with a focus on pre-construction, plant design, and operational performance assessment.
- Proven track record with SCADA analysis. Analysis of periodic events, identification and allocation of performance issues, and time series data.
- Knowledge of data science concepts such as machine learning.
For more information about this role please contact our Houston office
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.