Operation & Maintenance Technician (Wood Fired Power Plant)
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the safe, proper and efficient operation of all machinery and related equipment as a Unit Supervisor and as directed by the Operations Supervisor or Plant Manager.
- Recognize operational problems and take the appropriate action to rectify the situation.
- Responsible to report and keep the appropriate personnel informed by communicating verbally and in writing all pertinent information amongst the shifts, between the shifts, production support personnel and management personnel.
- Understand the operation of each piece of plant equipment.
- Know the normal operating condition of each piece of plant equipment.
- Be aware of the present operating conditions and status of each piece of plant equipment.
- Perform hourly rounds and other rounds schedules as outlined in shift procedures.
- Maintain all plant logs and reports as required.
- Responsible for knowing and implementing the plant safety procedures and reporting any unsafe condition or act to the Plant Manager, Production Support Manager, Operations Supervisor and relief shifts.
- Responsible for knowing and implementing plant environmental procedures and reporting any environmental condition or act to the Plant Manager or Production Support Manager.
- Responsible for knowing, understanding and following: the operations and procedures manual, the casualty manual, the policies and procedures manual and any update to these manuals along with ensuring that the Operators on shift know, understand and follow the same.
- Responsible for informing the Plant Manager of any of the following conditions: the plant is unable to perform at its operating capacity; the plant is in danger of violating any of its environmental limits, injury to any personnel, any damage or loss to plant equipment.
- Responsible for providing on-shift practical training.
- Responsible for performing or directing Operators to perform corrective maintenance actions to rectify any abnormal operating condition or problem if it is within the ability of the Operators to perform safely and properly.
- Responsible for performing assigned maintenance items as directed by the Plant Manager, Production Support Manager or Operations Supervisor.
- Responsible for actively participating and completing all required training programs.
- Responsible for shift relief as needed including Equipment Operator.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional and positive attitude, courteous behavior, initiative, motivation and cooperation.
- B.S. degree preferred, or
- Equivalent of B.S. degree plus four (4) years of power plant work experience, or
- Equivalent of High School diploma plus nine (9) years of power plant work experience
- Five (5) years of experience in supervising technical, maintenance or operations personnel
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the following: power generation, power generation equipment and technology
- Required to have a valid driver's license
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceOperation and Maintenance, O&M, operations, repair, troubleshooting, maintenance, power station, power plant, wood fired power plant, equipment, power generation, power equipment, protection, balance, bop
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.