Job Description for Vacancy No: 246541D
Consultant: Daniel Woodcock
Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to their continued growth they are seeking a Systems Simulation Engineer to join their based in either Leicestershire, Peterborough or County Durham on a contracting basis.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Simulation Specialist within the European Division of Energy and Transportation Systems Research Group Facility. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team.
The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
- Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
- Provide engineering guidance based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
- Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
- Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
- Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
- Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink)
- Demonstrate knowledge of engine or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts;
- Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks;
- Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real-world drive cycles
Rate: Offering up to £40 per hour based under Umbrella Co / Ltd Co
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceCFD / 1D / POWERTRAIN
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.