About this Role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a leading regional construction business in the UK whom specialise in coastal infrastructure, waste and water, ports and harbours and rail on a permanent basis.
Key responsibilities include:
* Set profitability targets with the team, develop procurement strategy, and regularly produce financial progress reports
* Timely procurement, negotiation, and administration of subcontracts in accordance with procurement strategy
* Secure the best possible (value and timing) payments from the client in order to maximise cash flow. Ensure that payments are applied for and received in accordance with the contract
* Make sure that the client is always aware of our financial and commercial expectations
* Ensure that all necessary insurances, bonds, guarantees are in place. Ensure the timely release of bonds and retention
About the Company/Client/Project:
A comprehensive regional Civil Engineering contractor who carries out work on frameworks and repeat business due to continued proven delivery in their field, these sectors include:
* Coastal Protection
* Ports and Harbour
* Waste and Water
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
If you are interested in this role, please contact (Jack Seymour) at Fawkes & Reece Southampton or use the link below
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceDegree in the relevant sector, or a HNC/HND in the relevant subject
As one of the UK's leading Technical Recruitment Consultancies, Fawkes & Reece provides a high quality recruitment service that is built around the ethos of working closely with our clients and job seekers in order to find the ideal match.
Specialising in the Technical Recruitment sector we recruit for a dedicated client base of over 5,000 leading organisations covering: Construction and Engineering, Residential Development, Housing Management, Town Planning, Regeneration, Highways, Traffic & Transportation and the Surveying and Property sectors.
In order to deliver consistency and high service levels we have dedicated teams of consultants specialising in key industry sectors. Our consultants are trained in all aspects of the recruitment process to ensure they can manage a vacancy from the early stages, communicate with all parties and professionally take the vacancy through to the successful placement.
Setting high service standards Fawkes & Reece continue to invest heavily in internal and external training courses in order to continually improve and develop our service and support all our consultants to become REC qualified.