As part of global growth, and the continuing expansion of the company, a vacancy has arisen for a Senior Design Engineer to join the Warwick office. Reporting to a project/functional Chief Engineer seeks a Senior Design Engineer with a minimum of 5 years' experience in transmission design.
The company is a German based automotive engineering consultancy who works with many of the world's OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and automotive technology centres.
The key functions of the role:
* Participate in transmission concept studies and generate high level concepts for presentation internally and to customers.
* Component and system level packaging studies to define constraints within existing and / or new powertrain / chassis architectures.
* Component and system design, detailing and 2D drawings from prototype to production.
* Adhere to internal and external design standards including GD&T.
* Liaison with other sites in order to co-ordinate design activities and ensure delivery is in line with customer requirements.
* Support internal and external design and DMU reviews and chair if required.
* Use appropriate quality and CAD based CAE tools.
* Work closely with suppliers to ensure that parts meet requirements.
* Assist with the preparation of BOMs and build manuals.
* Release components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
* Support and evaluate the results of component testing with the development team.
* Provide design input to support production and product planning.
* Effectively communicate progress to the Project Chief Engineer and the wider team.
Qualifications / Education / Experience required:
* Degree qualified (2:1 minimum) mechanical / automotive engineer.
* A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience in efficient, innovative and lightweight transmission and driveline concepting and design.
* A high level of technical knowledge in transmission component and system design. Significant experience with casing design would be an advantage.
* A good understanding of the testing that would be required to take a transmission into volume production.
* Knowledge of prototype and volume transmission build methods, manufacturing techniques and design for service requirements.
* Experienced user of 2D/3D CAD, preferably Catia V5.
* Understanding of the different manufacturing techniques used in transmission production.
* PC literate and able to confidently use MS Office products.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.