Multi-skilled Technician - Mechanical Bias
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week.
- Shift Pattern: 6am -2pm and 2pm -10pm
- Salary: £32K- £38K (Basic £13 - £15.8per hr)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Technician with a Mechanical bias at our clients location in Manchester. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large Blue-chip Multi-Billion dollar business at the heart of the operation, the Multi-Skilled Technician is a very important cog in a very a highly structured Business.
The successful candidate will play an essential part in this manufacturing operation, undertaking both PPM and reactive maintenance at their site in Manchester.
The role consists of the following:
- Reactive, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance Work (mechanical, pneumatic and electrical)
- Pumps (Diaphragm pump, vane pump, centrifugal pumps, mono pumps)
- Tanks and Mixer
- Valve and piping work
- Filling and packaging machines
- Electrical work includes AC motor, Inverter and control gear, flowmeter, scales
- Fabrication and Welding
- Building and Facilities repair work
- Working on improvement projects on plant machinery (reliability and performance)
- Assist in the improvement and development of PPM
- Adherence to site safety rules and procedures
- Improving site safety through safety inspections and safety observations
- Assisting with development of method statements and risk assessments
- Assist in the planning of maintenance job
- Updating the CMMS system (raising, updating and closure of work order)
- Raising purchase orders for parts
- Assisting in coordination of contractors on site
- Taking active role in 5S projects and maintenance housekeeping
- Improving and maintaining the maintenance stores
- Work as part of production team and communicate issues as required
- Support the factory operation through call-out and out of hours calls
The above list is not exhaustive and can be changed in-line with the role development.
Ideal Background - Education and Experience
- Apprentice Trained Mechanical or Electrical engineering (Minimum BTEC qualification with
4years industrial experience)
- Experience in slinging and lifting operation
- Must be prepared to work at height and in confined spaces
- Knowledge of working in hazardous environment
- Welding and fabrication ( TIG and Stainless steel)
- Good knowledge of electro-pneumatic, motors , inverters and flowmeters
- Good diagnostic / problem solving and communication skills
- Circa 3-5 years' experience within a regulated process engineering environment
- Experience within a chemical process plant an advantage
- Health and Safety (IOSH)
- CompEX Electrical Training (EX01-EX04)
- CompEX Mechanical (EX11)
- FLT driving
- Confined space medium risk training
Personal Attributes - Capabilities and Skills
- Methodical approach to work
- Positive Attitude
- Team Player
- Self-Motivated / Driven
- Flexible approach to working hours when required
- Ability to work unsupervised
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceMechanical, Fabrication, Welding, Maintenance
The award-winning Acorn Group is one of the UK's leading recruitment and training companies.
On-going research confirms that over 96% of our clients would happily recommend Acorn to others (industry average is 87%), and 98% of job-seekers find Acorn's service levels to be better than other agencies (industry average is 77%).
These figures are testament to Acorn's philosophy that people are at the heart of our business and why Acorn is the partner of choice for many national and international organisations, and job-seekers alike.
Acorn offers permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions to employers, supported by a portfolio of training, learning and development solutions.
Acorn is a member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC) and is Investors in People and ISO accredited.