Job Description For Vacancy No: 246682D
Consultant: Daniel Woodcock
Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to continued growth they are seeking an experienced Customs Compliance Administrator to join the team based Leicestershire on a 6 month contract basis
This position is responsible for supporting customs compliance activity and operational audits to ensure that parts and product are managed properly and flow across borders in compliance with customs regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will work within a small compliance team who are responsible for supporting the operational managers in the manufacturing business, to ensure processes, procedure and systems are compliant.
In addition, this role will support the audit of financial processes governed by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Perform regular monthly Import and Export Declaration audits, including report out of identified errors and timely follow-up remediation.
- Assist with the review and monitoring of Customs Tariff Classification processes
- Perform regular monthly assurance checks on the deferment statement and freight values applied to customs entries
- Support the operations team with the monthly reconciliation of financial Inventory records to stock held in the customs duty management system
- Perform monthly reporting of deferment duty allocations by division, for financial reporting purposes.
- Perform quarterly operational and financial audits over processes governed by Sarbanes Oxley, ensuring processes and documentation are adequate to address business and financial risk.
- Support adhoc queries and compliance activities alongside the team
- Basic understanding of EU and UK Customs Legislation
- Understanding of risk management and controls environment
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative
Additional Useful Criteria
- Prior experience in Audit or involvement in Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Knowledge of the Ricardo Duty Management System or similar system
- Qualified or Studying towards recognised Accounting Professional accreditation
Rate: Between £21 - £23 per hour (LTD CO / UMBRELLA CO)
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceImport / export / Admin
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.