Start Date: ASAP
Ongoing work but could go Permanent
Job title: Facilities Operative
Must have DBS or be able too pass one
- Overall site waste responsibility and accountability - collection, disposal, site cleanliness tasks will include: site sweeping - mechanical/manual, litter picking, bin emptying, clearing up waste storage areas, plant rooms, bin storage area, jet washing areas as required (where trained to do so).
- Responsible for ensuring the correct waste segregations into the appropriate site containers, ensuing this is completed in an effective, safe and timely manner that meets the needs of the business.
- Accountability to ensure no unnecessary waste build up and that all waste disposal is dealt with under specific environmental legislation
- Ensure the safe storage of waste in accordance with the site permit requirements and that hazardous waste is separated and stored appropriately.
- Keep the site clean and tidy and make sure it remains respectable at all times.
- Porterage duties (Moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc) as and when required.
- The position will include general handyperson maintenance tasks such as investigating and identifying faults, repair of fixtures and fittings, carrying out site checks, general commercial property maintenance work and overseeing Contractor Works where required.
- Driving and operating a range of site vehicles in a safe and responsible manner at all times showing due consideration for other site users (training provided). Ensuring they person knows how to operate each item of plant safely
- Working at all times in accordance with relevant risk assessments and safe working methods, taking into account site hazards on the day,and using the appropriate supplied safety clothing
- Responsible for carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance on a wide variety of Fabric and limited Engineering Assets. Activities will include:-
Inspect/repair floor, walls, ceilings and roofs
Inspect /repair free standing and fitted furniture
Inspect/clear drainage and gully systems, undertake monthly tap testing and weekly tap flushing
Inspect/replace luminaries and support weekly emergency light test
Inspect/repair doors, windows and associated furniture.
Painting, re-decorating and hanging of pictures/signed/notices
Assist engineering staff in a wide range of duties as required
General site services; to include, sweeping and tidying, ground upkeep
Carry out Ad-Hoc activities supporting Mitie and Client team including moves/changes
- Take a pro-active approach to client liaison in association with Engineering Services to ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed & escalated to management as necessary.
- Ensure that service delivery meets the requirements of the SLAs as detailed in the main contract for all services.
- Assist in carrying out all customer requests ensuring the highest possible service delivery at all times and in accordance with contract SLAs
- Ensure administration requirements for paperwork and PDA are actioned on time and all necessary documents/records are maintained accurately.
- Understand and work within all H & S criteria and processes relevant to work activities - Safe systems of work / PPE/ COSHH/ Accident and incident reporting and show a proactive approach to H & S in the work environment taking necessary steps to ensure risks are mitigated
- Escort subcontractors providing support and guidance on all works
- Proactive communication with management and customers to foster strong trusting relationships
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, you will be ask to complete any other duties which could be reasonably expected of you.
If interested please call on 07443189192
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.