Technical Engineering Consultant
Property Portfolio Asset Management
Salary guide $130,000 to circa $160,000 p.a. + package (negotiable)
This is a great opportunity to join an established asset management consultancy, as they look to grow the team through a focused and defined strategic plan. Their portfolio is growing year on year and you'll be involved in a diverse and interesting range of projects that cover commercial, industrial, retail and government properties across Australia.
About the Company
My client is a highly experienced and respected consultancy who work with and deliver advice to their clients in the property industry. Based in Sydney, with a regional office in ACT, they are part of a larger, independent property advisory group.
You will carry out visual assessment of properties and deliver relevant professional reports to clients. Your input will be key and will provide clear technical information which aids client's investment and ownership decisions and potential outcomes. The work will be diverse, and you'll have an opportunity to be involved across an interesting and challenging range of properties. It's important that you are comfortable with travelling, as the role will take you across Australia, sometimes away from home for several days at a time. Conversely, your working week will be self-managed and flexibility around working from home is considered part of the job. The successful candidate will learn from the team around the approach they take but it is essential that experience in the delivery of technical reports relating to building fabric and structure is evident; independence is the overall objective and how quickly that outcome is achieved very much depends on your previous experience and grasp of the role and requirements.
Skills and experience
A consultative, partnership approach is paramount to ensure clear and concise deliverables are understood and reported in a professional and timely manner. Your communication skills, both verbal and written, are important together with your ability to quickly grasp and understand the uniqueness and fundamentals of a buildings you are inspecting.
The role requires the following attributes - some essential others desirable:
- Technical Due Diligence reporting
- Make Good review and reporting
- Make Good negotiation support
- Condition assessment and development of future capital forecasts
- Client interaction and management of expectations
- Proven experience in the gathering of information relating to assets within properties
- A deep appreciation of construction techniques
- Appreciation of the criticality of an asset's impact on the overall operation of a property (high to low impact and risk)
- Proven ability to work in sensitive environments such as hospitals and schools
- Proven ability to utilise Microsoft suite of programs
- Ability to develop written reports incorporating technical information
- Ability to work with smart/mobile technology
- Appreciation of project needs, stakeholder involvement, deadlines and project outcomes
- Content to travel and be away from home for periods of time on project assignments
- An eye for detail
- Ability to maintain concentration and quality of work whilst carrying out repetitive, tasks
- Must be a team player
- Able to communicate across all levels with colleagues, clients, 3rd party representatives, suppliers, contractors etc.
- Good personal time management is essential
N.B. You must possess full and ongoing rights to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
RHL Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across Australia and the wider APAC region - visit rhl.com.au to get in touch for more opportunities like this.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.