PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
Salary $90 - $120K per annum
Are you looking for a Product Design Engineer role in Sydney? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself in a high-tech industry? We're recruiting for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters of their technology in the world. This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the most exciting and forward-thinking companies in Australia.
About the Company
Our client is a leading Australian manufacturer in their field, of high-quality, cutting edge equipment for consumers all over the world. Their products are designed and manufactured by their industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported globally via thousands of dealers including Amazon, Best Buy and JB Hi-Fi.
In this Product Design Engineer role, you'll be responsible for the delivery of projects from briefing through to production in a fast-paced product development environment. Ensuring all projects uphold a high standard of functional and technical performance, you will be managing inputs from key stakeholders and travelling internationally when required (subject to lifting of travel restrictions).
Skills and experience
With proven industry experience of product design engineering in consumer/technology, you'll have:
* electromechanical experience (highly desirable)
* experience of in-house product development environments, delivering projects to production (generating mechanical concepts, prototype testing, detailing and design for manufacture, tooling, tool design review, product verification, mechanical drawings and production handover)
* experience with a variety of manufacturing processes
* practical knowledge of materials, material properties and material finishing - especially plastics and metals
* high levels of accuracy, attention to detail, communication, process orientated approach, ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment
* CAD - Advanced CAD modelling in Solidworks (required), Pro-E/Creo (desirable)
You will work with the finest technologies in metal engineering and production in a cutting-edge facility where the team enjoy a culture of collaboration, best-practise and innovation.
* Strong culture of staff wellbeing
* On-site gym and personal trainer
N.B. You must hold unrestricted and ongoing rights to work in Australia to be eligible for this role.
RHL Recruitment offers permanent and temporary jobs across Australia and the wider APAC region - visit rhl.com.au to get in touch for more opportunities like this.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.