Salary circa $75,000 p.a.
Permanent, full time
Our client is a well-established, highly innovative and customer focused product development company, looking for a Model Maker for their head office in Sydney. This iconic company has one of Australia's largest and fastest growing hardware and software development teams, developing internationally recognised, premium products.
About the Company
My client leads the way in collaborative and people focused product development, has a great staff rewards programme, a fun, flexible working environment and a reputation for excellent customer service. Their global HQ is located a 15-minutes train ride from Sydney's CBD.
As a Model Maker reporting to the Model Shop Manager you will be focused on supporting the team in performing machining, prototyping, creating bespoke components, fabrication, assembly, and testing tasks in support of new and sourced product development. Responsibilities include:
- Operate conventional milling machines, lathes, general mechanical workshop machines and welding equipment
- Develop products and components to design specifications
- Modify sourced and new products to design and engineer requirements
- Perform model making. general engineering and fabrication jobs
- Set up CNC milling machines and lathes and be willing to learn CNC programming and Mastercam
- Assist with spray painting of all products
- Maintain all workshop machinery to a safe and operational standard
Skills and experience
- Australian recognised trade qualified Fitter & 1st class Machinist/ Toolmaker/ Pattern maker
- 5+ years local machining experience with precision work involving multiple materials
- Experience in operating manual milling machine and lathes
- Experience operating toolroom/patternmaking machines
- Ability to read drawings and work to close tolerances with high attention to detail
- Experience with spray painting and colour matching will be highly regarded
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- Understanding and commitment to OH&S requirements
You will be working with a team of high performing and passionate product development specialists from designers to engineers, UX teams to digital architects, in a fun and rewarding environment. The role offers a competitive remuneration package and great employee benefits plus plenty of room for growth and professional development.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.