Our client has been a manufacturer of Articulated Trucks, currently producing a 6-model range used in many industries including mining, construction and aggregates. Due to continued growth they are seeking an experienced NPI Coordinator to join the team in Peterborough on contracting basis
The successful applicant will be joining the group at an exciting time, as the team fully integrates Small Engines into IPSD having ended the joint venture. This sees IPSD take full design, component sourcing and engine manufacturing responsibility, in addition to managing a new portfolio of customer accounts.
As a key New Source Introduction (NSI) resource, the successful applicant for this role will be focused on supporting the transfer of engine production out of the one facility into the IPSD, Griffin and Peterborough facilities. This will require working with the cross functional team on pilot engine readiness (bill of materials BOM, part set-up, material availability, facility readiness), supporting engine builds, addressing process gaps, capturing issues and then driving them to resolution in preparation for production.
There will be significant internal process partner collaboration and engagement with customer facing teams to maintain alignment and identify and mitigate risk.
- Supporting cross functional and department peers to deliver core programme milestones
- Own and execute tasks and sub-project to ensure they meet the customer and strategic requirement
- Working to remove roadblocks and anticipate potential scenarios in order to mitigate risk and maintain project pace in order to meet project timelines
- Influence peers and seniors to ensure project priorities are clearly understood and have commitment
- Build relationships with NPI Programme leads, other departments and key customer contacts; become a trusted source of information
- Creating and maintaining a variety of project tracking mechanisms
- Chair meetings and prepare and present materials to internal audiences.
- Identify trends and areas of focus for continuous improvement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of demonstrating initiative and working with diverse groups to reach consensus.
- Clear and concise communication, inclusive of good listening, analytical and organisational skills
- Risk management capability
- Team player with excellent people skills
- Ability to listen to others, manage conflict, and move issues forward
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working on technical product or processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and issues concurrently.
- College or university degree (or equivalent experience within Product Team, Sales, Engineering, Purchasing, Marketing or similar roles)
- Applicants should have interest in working with people of different nationalities and cultures and must be willing and able to undertake business travel up to 50% of the time, predominately to the USA and China.
- A flexible working approach is encouraged in this role to the potential travel and the need the manage time zone differences.
Rate: Up to maximum of £26 per hour based under Ltd Co / Umbrella Co basis
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceNPI / BOM
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.