Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy Data Management. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected.
- Work closely with UX designers to design and implement innovative and robust client-side software applications
- Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
- Design and develop software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
- Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
- Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performant, and secure components
- Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
- Complete testing tasks for all developed code
- Computer Science BS/MS degree
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs
- Experience with high throughput, scalable, systems
- Competent in the use of following technologies and tools to develop web applications:
- Angular2 and TypeScript
- Visual Studio Team Services
- Microsoft Azure Portal
- The ability to work within the following software development methodologies:
- Agile / SCRUM
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Delivery
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.