Designs and creates new software by analyzing requirements and implementing and testing programming applications in support of Energy services. Significant ingenuity and latitude is expected.
- Design and develop server-side code for web-based, SaaS software applications
- Design and develops software subsystems that communicate in real time to external services using Web Services and/or APIs
- Modify existing database schemas by adding, changing, and/or removing fields in existing database schemas
- Translate Agile software development stories into one or more units of functionality, estimate level of effort, and track progress on a daily basis
- Utilize object-orient design patterns in the implementation of reusable, performance, and secure components
- Build software applications that are deployed in a cloud-based, virtual environment
- Complete testing tasks for all developed code
- Computer Science BS/MS degree preferred (Non-CS BS/MS degree with other software related training considered)
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience with Big Data technologies
- Experience architecting and developing distributed systems
- Experience building / consuming REST APIs
- Experience with high throughput, scaleable, systems
Spencer Ogden is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
SPENCER OGDEN: THE AWARD-WINNING GLOBAL ENERGY, ENGINEERING AND INFRASTRUCTURE RECRUITMENT SPECIALISTS.
Spencer Ogden stands for the best in specialist, professional, proactive recruitment, working with skilled Energy, Infrastructure and Engineering professionals across the globe.
UNRIVALLED SERVICE IN EVERY SECTOR
Spencer Ogden represents clients and candidates at mid to senior levels which operate globally within:
• Oil & Gas
• Built Environment
Our client base includes major operators, utility providers, manufacturers, developers, research institutes, consultancies and international government bodies.