Job Description for Vacancy No: 245511D
Consultant: Daniel Woodcock
Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to their continued growth they are seeking an Exports / Imports Analyst to join the teams based in Irlam, Manchester on a contracting basis.
Reporting to the site Finance Manager, this is a unique opportunity for someone to support the dynamic and rapidly changing Aftermarket Team during a period of investment and growth. This is a key role within the Irlam Finance Team dealing with the Import and customs procedures into our Customs Warehouse.
The Aftermarket Business Net Sales and Transfers typically totals $230m. Our sales are from multiple global locations and legal entities and we import goods from many global locations.
The main responsibilities of this position include,
- Daily operation of the Ricardo Duty Management System and submission to HMR&C
- Inbound Freight Management and performance reviews (dependant on volume)
- Inbound Freight invoice validation and approval
- Reconciliation of Duty Management Stock to Mainframe system
- Maintenance of Commodity codes and classification of new product (dependant on volume)
- Ensure all import entries are raised/completed/filed by due dates.
- Reconcile the Duty Deferment account (dependant on volume)
- Maintain accurate records for audit and trade compliance purposes.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have:
- Previous experience of working within an Imports/Export role
- IT literate - Excel skills a strong advantage
- Planning and organising skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Flexible approach with strong problem-solving skills
- Good team player
- Customer Focused
Skills, experience and qualifications you may have:
- Experience of working with a Large organisation and the complexity this brings
- Experience of working with in an organisation that buy/sell large volumes worldwide
- Proficient in MS Office applications
Rate: Offering up to £18.00 per hour based under Umbrella Co / Ltd Co
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experienceImport / export
Since 1977 we have been helping companies, leaders in their field globally, to find talented candidates for technical roles at all levels. If you are looking for a new career opportunity speak to one of our specialist sector consultants today.
Placing People First
RHL provide a value added quality service to both clients and candidates at all levels, in particular, at a time where skill shortages challenge us all on a global scale. Our ability to deliver is key not only to the success of our business but also that of our clients and to the candidates we place. We strive for continued success as trusted recruitment partners throughout the recruitment life cycle.