Package Manager- Cables
Are you looking for a contract assignment as a Cable Package manager?
My client, a world leader in the O&M offshore wind sector is actively looking for an Electrical Package manager/ Project Management working with the project teams in the UK (London) responsible for our US projects. This role will lead an Offshore Cable Package and to envisaged that this role will be required for a period of 12 months can could be extended for a further 6 to 12 months.
The suitable candidate would be responsible (but not limited to):
- Leading a team accountable for the FEED studies required for the development of the Offshore Cable works package.
- Leading the co-ordination task of aligning consenting, cable design, offshore cable installation and electrical system design teams to freeze the optimal cable routing, including establishing key criteria, such as burial depth, landfall location, etc.
- Leading design reviews and risk assessments workshops at the required points and ensure that actions from the meetings are assigned and discharged by the appropriate person
- Leading the management of external stakeholders related to the offshore export cable package
- Reviewing the engineering activities performed to date
- Reviewing all existing survey data and prepare plans for further detailed surveys
- Developing and implement in contingency plans in the event of unforeseen events impacting the work packages
- Preparation and delivering of project gate and project management documentation, such as project scope, costs, risks and interfaces
To be considered for this position the client requires the successful candidate to be
- Able to work and have current working knowledge as a Project Manager/Package manager .(Certification as a Project Manager is preferred)
- 1st hand knowledge in leading a matrix-organised team through the FEED study phase of an Offshore Export Cable package
- Have the ability to lead, communicate, stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills,
- The abilities to prioritise and execute your tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Communicate fluently in English (Verbally and in written form)
The requirement will be office based Monday - Friday, starting July 2021 until July 2022 with a possible 6-12 month extension
For this position the client is looking at a daily rate between £650- £685 per day (inside IR35)
Should you feel this position is of interest and you meet the requirements; please forward your CV to me (firstname.lastname@example.org); as we can present your CV to the client for consideration
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.