Project Cost Engineer / Project Controller
£Negotiable + Benefits Package
Are you a cost engineer or project coodinator looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy working on fast moving and complex projects? Do you have cost projects experience within an EPC environment? If so please read on as this could be the role for you.
Our client is a global automation and materials handling provider who is at the cutting edge of the design, manufacture and integration of baggage handling solutions solutions. Due to a period of sustained growth and success they are currently recruiting for an experienced individul to carry out project controls and related project cost engineering activities to support the delivery of projects.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
· To carry out project controls and related project cost engineering activities under the direction of the Senior Commercial Manager or other management to support the delivery of projects.
· To ensure effective implementation of the DLL project controls functions on various projects on a day-to-day basis.
· To support and deputise for Project Management on assigned projects
· Reports to the Senior Commercial Manager, ensuring consistent cost engineering and project controls support through the life-cycle of various projects.
· Deliver and manage comprehensive time management reporting across assigned projects - monitoring and reporting on estimates v actuals
· Provide cost reconciliation reporting on assigned projects, managing sub contract payment applications and main contract payment applications against project contracts
· Provide project management with contractual support on assigned projects, both in relation to main and sub contracts
· Coordinate activities and resources to deliver project specific deliverables on assigned projects (acting PM role)
· Early interaction with the sales team, taking a key role in estimate development and early project setup and documentation to support tendering process.
· Establish and maintain a gated procurement process, linking staged design and construction milestones against payment terms.
· Assist with the compilation and issuing of all necessary cost and schedule progress reports, including earned value, in line with company procedures, and take action in a timely manner to correct any issues likely to result in poorer outturn figures.
· Implement and monitor CTR and DDS trackers across assigned projects including Earned Value reporting (in conjunction with project planner)
· Work alongside project management to develop and deliver project reports via IFS and other systems.
· Maintaining, updating and proof reading project documentation including registers, cost spreadsheets and quality plans etc. on assigned projects
· Manage general cost engineering and project controls activities including:
· IFS project setup and management
· Cost reconciliation
· Payment application management
· Expense management
· Timesheet management & reporting
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· This is a key position within the business and requires an individual with a proven track record in a Cost Engineering or Project Controls role within a fast paced and diverse engineering delivery business.
· Project experience, ideally across Engineering and Construction, is required.
· To be considered you will ideally hold relevant professional qualifications, with at least 3 years' experience in a responsible cost engineering or project controls position.
· Articulate with strong negotiation skills and the ability to manage effectively at all organisational levels
If you would like to be considered for this position please click the apply button and submit your current resume
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Working from a UK-wide network of offices, Proactive connects top engineering and tech talent with leading organisations. We’ve been delivering experts for over 15 years – both in the UK and abroad.
Built on the foundations of providing exceptional technical recruitment services, Proactive has been placing specialists for over 15 years, evolving into a market-leader within our niche business units. Operating from a network of offices that spans the UK and abroad, Proactive has the in-depth knowledge, experience and expertise to make it a powerful force within the STEM market.