My client has an excellent opportunity for an M&E Project Manager to join their estates team on a prestigious site in Surrey. The role is working in-house and there are generous benefits on offer.
My client is now bringing the role of Estates project manager and is looking to recruit an experienced candidate with an Engineering Background to join there team. This is a large prestigious estate which will offer fantastic benefits and career development and progression.
This role is crucial in the delivery of Estates projects across the campus.
The ideal candidate will firstly come from a hard services Mechanical/Electrical/Air Conditioning etc. The typical projects will involve systems such as Boilers, UPS, lighting, gas, AHUs, Heating & Cooling, Air Conditioning etc.
Day to Day Tasks
* Responsible for leading the Projects team
* Line manage project delivery staff
* Provide senior, client-side project management services to the development projects
* Liaise with senior staff members and stakeholders to ensure team and project delivery
* Responsible to senior management for the management of team resources
* Contribute to future estates and projects planning
* Line management of project managers and clerk of works
* Develop the required strategies, job roles and organisational structures to support the effective delivery.
* Understand all facets of the business and its associated relationships.
* Representative for day to day project management, senior level communications, meetings
* Provide accurate reporting and management of project finances, delivery of monthly operational reports and ensure timely production of project invoices, where appropriate
* Stakeholder Management
* Manage projects and 3rd party resources on and off site so as to maximise their contribution
* Procurement of consultants and contractors to support the programme of works, leadership and management of consulting and contracting teams as an integrated delivery model
* Management of relevant third party peer review process, including implantation of actions arising, covering OGC Gateways, internal audit processes, National Audit Office requirements and all review processes.
* Attend and contribute to Project Boards and Board Reports
* Manage and mitigate on-going risks and issues and produce mitigation plans where necessary
* Input, approval and acceptance of all Work Packages
* Ensure adherence to agreed project quality standards and project management processes / methodologies
* Definition of tolerance levels, production of exceptions as and when necessary
* Be initial point of escalation for project issues to the Programme Management Office and Senior Management
* Resolve project conflicts
* Hold regular progress reviews with project team
Have a good basic education, with good written and spoken English and basic mathematical skills.
Ability to communicate and delegate at all levels.
Ability to provide leadership for the project team.
Be a team player with a flexible and adaptable approach.
Have a sound understanding of current company and legislative Health and Safety, Environmental impacts and Risk Assessment Procedures.
Experience in project management and or professional qualifications.
Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current operations department activities en requested to do so.
Working to CDM requirements.
Experience of project management software.
Risk Assessment and Method Statement trained.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
At least one of the relevant engineering disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health Experience and training (minimum IOSH) to practically apply Health & Safety principals to all aspects of work
Evidence of experience of change-management, influencing and strategic vision
Knowledge of the requirements of construction design management regulations 2015
Experience of MEP Projects/Programme management/delivery across a wide range of industries / work environments
Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to optimise team resources to achieve best value and outcomes. Starting Salary = £50,000 to £60,000
Monday to Friday - 37 hour week
Upto 40 Days Annual Leave Entitlement (inc statutory days)
15% Pension Scheme
Excellent Development Opportunities
Training Courses on offer
To avoid missing out on this fantastic opportunity please apply online or for further information please call Tarik Bell-Ross on 01184677784 or email@example.com
Resourcing Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
As a market-leading expert across six core sectors, Resourcing Group connects talented professionals with local opportunities. With a national network of offices across the UK, it is our in-depth knowledge and expertise that has been helping candidates achieve their career aspirations for over 15 years.
Resourcing Group was founded in 2000 as a dedicated social housing recruitment agency. Since then we’ve expanded to offer our award winning, specialist approach to other fields, and now work in partnership with some of the best public and private sector organisations. We recruit personnel across the UK at all levels of the social housing, facilities management, construction, surveying and property, engineering, and architecture and design markets.