Senior Hydropower Engineer
* Reporting: Principal Hydropower Engineer
* Location: Perth, Australia
* Employment Type: Full time, permanent
Are you committed to ending climate change and building a global renewable energy business?
If the answer is YES …….. READ BELOW:
An experienced Hydropower Project Engineer is required to work on medium to large hydropower development for worldwide projects.
The candidate will need to understand the interaction between the various disciplines and be able to deliver outputs in a timely fashion to schedule. The candidate must be keen to join a dynamic team working on hydropower developments worldwide.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Providing comprehensive design coordination and management services, including the development of new hydropower infrastructure and refurbishment of existing assets.
* Proactively deliver on the company's stretch targets.
* Understanding the inputs required for hydropower development and progress required inputs.
* Develop technical specifications to meet project specific objectives.
* Coordinate the technical and feasibility studies that satisfy technical specifications.
* Coordination with hydropower team and other disciplines (i.e.: hydrologist, geologists, civil/mechanical/electrical engineers, etc.).
* Interpret engineering drawings, documents, specifications and scopes.
* Technical management of consultants.
* Interface coordination with other parts of the overall projects with emphasis on boundaries, energy availability, electrical transmission, and systems interaction.
* Coordination with turbine and generator potential suppliers.
* Resolution of technical and design issues using internal and/or external resources.
* Liaising with a range of key stakeholders on all technical aspects of projects.
* Mentoring and supporting graduate engineers.
* Technical skills, management skills and experience in hydropower development, design and delivery are prime requirements.
* Minimum 10-years experience in an engineering role with demonstrated experience in effective study and project execution, including 5-years experience in hydropower or water infrastructure related development.
* International project experience.
* Experience working with consultants and developers.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Good understanding of other source of renewable energy characteristics (i.e.: solar, wind, geothermal).
* Demonstratable experience in key aspects of hydropower development, design and delivery
* High level of passion for renewable energy
* Proven ability for credible and authentic engagement with strong interpersonal skills
* High levels of self-motivation with a demonstrated ability in resilience when managing diverse workloads and priorities and deliver quality and timely results
* Extremely well developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills
* 150,000 to 175, 000 AUD (not USD) per annum (permanent employment)
* Relocation package available
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading solar developer who is rapidly expanding with in the Renewables sector. If you are keen to be considered or require additional information please see send your CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
ewi is an international consultancy focused on the search & selection of the Worlds leading engineering and construction professionals. We specialize in recruiting expats and local experts for major infrastructure and build projects across the globe.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
EWI is an international consultancy formed of specialist technical consultants who recruit and advise in the fields of infrastructure and natural resources. Each division and consultant within ewi is focussed exclusively on their specialist remit. Similarly our network has been developed and nurtured, providing access to industry specific professionals across each vertical market. We posses unrivalled market and international project knowledge to support our clients sustainable success.
Our specialist rail team are devoted to the provision of technical expertise to leaders within the market. Within this sector we work in the fields of construction, consultancy, and engineering. In short the railway team at ewi are able to help our clients deliver railway projects from concept to turnkey and onto the operational and maintenance. Our networks span feasibility, design, site supervision, commissioning & testing and handover to service all aspects of the project lifecycle.
The ewi rail team are proud to have worked on some of the of the worlds most prestigious rail projects including but not limited to; the Qatar Doha Metro, Saudi Arabia Haramain High Speed Rail, China Beijing High Speed, Malaysia Klang Valley Metro, Denmark Copenhagen Metro, India Kolkata Metro as well as many more of the worlds leading rail projects. The ewi rail team have experience working on metro projects, light rail, underground and freight rail projects.